Are you a technical support engineer with experience in troubleshooting and resolving network problems including routing, VLAN, OSPF, BGP using tools such as TCPDUMP and Wireshark? If you’ve also got a solid background in Linux package installation and maintenance, and configuring networks, integrating networks and are interested in working with a software development team in as a network QA engineer, we have a role for you!
Turnium Technology Group Inc. (TTGI) develops, sells and supports a Software-Defined Wide Area Networking platform and managed service to a network of global channel partners. We’re growing and competing with the biggest players in the market to win deals and partner with major IT brands.
As a Level 3 Support Engineer you will be a major resource within the company doing remote support to assist our customers and fixing issues related to the SDWAN software and hardware.
As an L3 Support Engineer, we need somebody who can think, solve problems on the fly, is driven by providing great customer service, and can work in a critical role within our support team. You will have:
- Analytical Thinking: logical approach to problem solving
- Documentation: you can document what you’ve done so that others can benefit from your problem solving
- Communication: good written and verbal. Comfortable with email, on the phone, and video
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness: you’re comfortable working with your peers, the rest of the company, but above all, with our customers and their executive
- Problem Solving: need we say more? You’re going to solve problems.
- Results Orientation: and you’ll get results, right?
- Teamwork: well, duh
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for supporting advanced clients such as ISPs and ISV partners with challenging issues related to our software and their network. In this role, you will:
- Perform level 3 support functions
- Perform triage duties to level 4 and assist with bug identification and write-up
- Interact directly with our partners on a day-to-day basis by email and phone
- Troubleshoot complex and challenging network issues
- Work closely with the support team and engineers
- Perform additional duties within the skill set for this position as required
- Additionally, your role would include working closely with the development team as a Network QA Engineer
- Working directly with the development team building and testing network scenarios
- Creating complex network interactions built both physically and virtually
- Help test new ideas for future software development
- Document your findings and resolutions in tickets and in user documentation, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is primarily a business hour position, however, will occasionally require working off hours — once a month for a week-long period you must be available 24/7 for on-call duties.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new topics and technologies
- Knowledge of Linux is a must including but not limited to: Package installation and maintenance, configuring of networking and integration into existing network, core services
- Knowledge of IP networking is greatly preferred (good working knowledge of networking principles and protocols such as VLANs, OSPF and BGP)
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting tools such as TCPDUMP and Wireshark
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either a customer support or a systems/network administration position
- Able to work collaboratively in an all-remote team environment
- Attention to detail in troubleshooting and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and process driven
- Formal education in Computer Science or a post-secondary level technology related field, or equivalent experience
- Linux certification, Network certification a bonus
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- You will be compensated with a base salary commensurate with your experience
- Option to work remotely
- Extended medical package
- Paid mobility plan
- Self-directed training and education incentives
Check out some work we’ve recently done with the Linux Foundation (under our Turnium brand):
- Live Keynote Showcase & Demo from Kubecon North America 2019: http://bit.ly/2OiaTgX
- Live Interview with Linux Foundation for Networking from show floor at Kubecon: http://bit.ly/2OyjATl
- RedHat OpenShift Container Platform Partner: https://connect.redhat.com/container-partners
- Turnium Red Hat Solution Brief: https://rhc4tp-cms-prod-vpc-76857813.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/Turnium%20Brief%20%282%29.pdf
- Linux Foundation for Networking Solution Brief: https://www.lfnetworking.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/2020/02/LFN_5G_CloudNativeSolutionBrief_022420.pdf
Turnium Technology Group, Inc. delivers its software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) solution as a managed cloud-native service and as a white label, containerized, disaggregated software platform that channel partners host, manage, brand, and price. Turnium SD-WAN is available through a channel partner program designed for Telecommunications Service Providers, Internet and Managed Service Providers, and Value-Added Resellers.
TTGI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Have we got your interest?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com