Sandeep Panesar is an entrepreneur with an extensive background in technology; telecommunications, networking, and cloud infrastructure; and information security. He has built numerous businesses from his start in 1995 with innovative and interactive web sites and cross media experiences for the film and music industries, to building an information security entity (SecuritySage Overdrive) that performed edge security management, protected IP via connections management and protocol analysis to meet internal security audit standards for the likes of Motorola and US Navy; to building the largest independent Canadian national CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) and telecommunications carrier in Canada.
In his executive management roles, he has headed up M&A and divesture activity, identified synergies, and integrated multiple entities, managed legal strategy and corporate vision, and led sales and channel initiatives that have converted organizations’ sales pipelines into successes. He has served as CEO, COO, President and board director building value for stakeholders by applying his creativity, vision and strategy to his projects. He holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a specialization in Biomechanics, from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada.
- Entrepreneur with deep background in technology, telecommunications (voice & data) services and infrastructure; networking (layer-3 networks) and cloud connectivity (hybrid / multi-cloud deployments.)
- Built and guided numerous businesses from start up to completion, since 1995.
- 1996 – Founded Overdrive Productions to deliver multi-media content to music and film industry.
- 1998 – Founded Canadian Scene Music to deliver music on-line.
- 1998 – Founded Overdrive Communications to deliver software solutions, online presence, and e-commerce delivery platforms.
- 2000 – Co-Founded IMPFM to develop feature film and documentary projects.
- 2001 – Co-Founded Telecomshelf.com a marketplace for buying and selling used and surplus telecommunications equipment; actively involved in raising $10M US in start-up capital.
- 2004 – Co-Founded SecuritySage Overdrive (SSO) to deliver network edge and network security management; protected intellectual property through connections management and protocol analysis for Motorola, US Navy, and Charles River. Led strategic vision and sales as CEO.
- 2011 – Built through acquisition the largest independent CLEC and telecommunications provider in Canada, Teliphone Navigata-Westel Communication. Drove operational success as COO by driving business to $48M annual revenues within 36 months. Expanded to 20 offices and 700 points of presence across Canada. Led strategic vision and sales as CEO.
- 2018 – Joined Turnium Technology to deliver layer-3 virtual networking (SD-WAN solutions) to build secure networks, extend existing networks, connect cloud instances (hybrid/multi), and to enable as-a-Service providers. Delivers enterprise facing strategy and sales as SVP, Strategic Engagement.