Who are we? We are a group of passionate, open source embracing, forward thinking individuals. We love building software, sharing our ideas, and keeping the best parts of our startup culture as we have continued to grow over the last 7 years. Our team values a flexible work environment, a laid-back office culture, and working with great people.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team who is passionate about contributing to design, development and testing of our software platform.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in architectural discussions related to achieving the product vision
- Perform software engineering in a team environment
- Participate in a Level 4 support rotation
- The ability and desire to quickly learn new topics and frameworks
- Knowledge of Linux system installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and process driven
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Knowledge of Python and Django
- Knowledge of C
- Knowledge of event-driven and Linux network socket programming
- Knowledge of IP networking, particularly good working knowledge of principles and protocols
- Familiarity with REST APIs and microservices
- Knowledge of version control with Git
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- A flexible work environment, at office or remotely
- Casual dress
- Professional development
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Vancouver, Canada, or Halifax, Canada
- Remote locations will be considered for experienced engineers
Check out some work we’ve recently done with the Linux Foundation (under our Turnium brand):
- Live Keynote Showcase & Demo from Kubecon North America 2019: http://bit.ly/2OiaTgX
- Live Interview with Linux Foundation for Networking from show floor at Kubecon: http://bit.ly/2OyjATl
- RedHat OpenShift Container Platform Partner: https://connect.redhat.com/container-partners
- Turnium Red Hat Solution Brief: https://rhc4tp-cms-prod-vpc-76857813.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/Turnium%20Brief%20%282%29.pdf
- Linux Foundation for Networking Solution Brief: https://www.lfnetworking.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/2020/02/LFN_5G_CloudNativeSolutionBrief_022420.pdf
Turnium Technology Group, Inc. delivers its software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) solution as a managed cloud-native service and as a white label, containerized, disaggregated software platform that channel partners host, manage, brand, and price. Turnium SD-WAN is available through a channel partner program designed for Telecommunications Service Providers, Internet and Managed Service Providers, and Value-Added Resellers.
TTGI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Have we got your interest?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com